Sunday, July 19, 2020

Another Wreck...

Well, got into another wreck... Tandemed behind a G35 and a 350z and the G35 spun and hit his brakes. 350 hit the Z, I crunched the Z, and almost got t-boned by a Mustang coming at the passenger side ass first. I need to stop tandeming with people that don't understand that you DON'T hit the brakes when you spin.

Damage report:
The driverside headlight, fender, LCA, endlink, and turn signal are fucked. Core support is shifted a little; I think I can bend the frame back though. The OEM impact bracket or whatever is crunched (I'll take them off)Hood isn't bad, I think the brackets deformed a little..I should be able to get that back to "normal" to where its barely noticeable once the frame is straightened. The passenger fender buckled also. I think my outer tie rod ends are okay? I'll know once I pull the rack. Got the headlight motor to work too.

Plans are to get new driver and passenger LCA's, a new steering rack (been long over due), inner tie rods, maybe outers?, fabricate a bash bar, new turn signal (IDK if I want OEM or the intake style), stitch the bumper, and end-links. Hopefully that's all it takes to get it feeling normal again. I might wind up having to replace parts later on that I haven't noticed, like the lower coil=over bushing, but we'll see.

Kind of sucks, but whatever; it happens. Drifting is still tight as fuck.