Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Integra: Photo Timeline

I recently signed onto an old build thread account over at clubintegra.net (CI) and noticed it's gone to shit. I've lost a lot of photos thanks to tinypic, photobucket, and design changes at CI, so I decided to save and scavenge up all I can and dump it here for future reference. These are for the most part in chronological order, but no promises. A lot of things happened between all these photos; big and small, but I'm not going to upload photos of or explain every little change. Check the (Integra) page for a current build sheet and a maybe a few photos.


Right before high school graduation I totaled my truck in a head on collision (not my fault) and needed a car to go back and forth to college and a shitty delivery driver job. It's wild that I originally bought this as a commuter for college with no intentions of keeping it more than a few years. Here's a small look into the history of my ownership of the car I'll never sell.

 Earliest photos I could find of the Integra. I know this isn't the day I bought it because it had hubcaps that I rocked for a few months until I lost one. This early-mid 2009.

Got some GSR Blades after months of searching on CL for a decent set.

Then got some coilovers, 949 6UL's, painted my corner lights, and an ebay ITR lip. Color matched skirts too. This is when I really started to enjoy the car.

Pulling the Stock B18B1 in 2012? A few months after purchasing the DB I rode in a friends turbo DC and was hooked. I started slowly buying parts while working and being in college full time. I was so fucking broke, but it was worth it. I had been collecting B18C1 parts for almost 3 years. / Pops and I during the first start. He was exhausted, haha.

 
B18C1 swap complete. / Initial turbo set-up installed.

 
 Heading to Fusion works to get tuned. Fun fact: the tow truck driver monster trucked a curb and the integra almost fell off the truck bed. / First dyno runs at Wichita Dyno. Tuning by Ray of (Fusionworks).

I had terrible over-heat issues so I wrapped the manifold and downpipe.

 Had a local fab shop weld a cage in and I color matched it.

Cut to door bars out to fit some new seats. / These bad boys.

Cut the rest of the cage out because that shit aint safe without buckets and 5-points... plus I was never happy with it in the first place.

 
COP Kit and Circuit Hero strut tower brace installed.

 
Another dyno session at Wichita Dyno. This is probably the 3rd or 4th one. Focus was boost-by-gear. Notice the new hub dyno 👍. Tuning by Ray of Fusionworks.


 Bought my dream wheels as a college graduation gift to myself.

Got a new GSR trans with LSD and did a ton suspension work. A little while later ( maybe a year?) I got aSpeedFactory tucked intercooler because I was still having overheat issues. This is by far my favorite addition since turbo. I can beat the shit out of it non-stop on a summer day and stay below 203*F.

That's about it for now. I'll post as more shit happens, but I'm pretty content with where it sits. So don't expect much that often. I have a drift miata and a motorcycle to work on, so I've  just been maintaining and enjoying the integra as much as possible.